Evacuate the area immediately surrounding any gas escape without using a vehicle or any device that may create a spark, including a mobile phone.
For a major incident, where there is risk to life or property, call 000.
Call the relevant emergency number below if:
- you can smell gas
- you can hear gas escaping
- there has been a gas explosion or fire
- you are aware of, or may have caused damage to a gas pipe, meter or pipeline
Please report all damage, no matter how minor.
- Do not use a naked flame or other ignition source to look for a gas leak
- Do not create sparks by using a vehicle, electronic devices (mobile phones, tablets, cameras, etc), matches or lighters, or smoking
Gas Emergency Contact Numbers
High Pressure Natural Gas Transmission Pipelines - 1800 017 000 (except in South Australia)
In South Australia ring 1800 808 526 for the Riverland Pipeline (from Angaston to Berri) or the lateral pipeline from Murray Bridge to Sedan.
Local Natural Gas Distribution Networks - 1800 GAS LEAK (1800 427 532) except in Darwin
For Darwin (NT) ring 1800 017 000
LPG LEAKS – 1800 808 526 for SA, QLD, NT
For gas appliance faults, contact your local plumber.
Other Emergency Contact Numbers
Diamantina Power Station (Queensland) - 07 4749 8999
Emu Downs Wind Farm (WA)
0428 962 116 - Standby Technician
0409 558 810 - Site Supervisor
(08) 9652 1269 - Jurien Bay Fire & Rescue Service
Avoid emergencies by using the free Dial Before You Dig service before digging.