Emu Downs Wind Farm
Originally completed in 2006 and acquired by APA in 2011, Emu Downs Wind Farm (EDWF) is one of Western Australia's largest green energy initiatives. Located 30 kilometres east of Cervantes and approximately 200 kilometres north of Perth, EDWF generates electricity from wind powered turbine technology. The wind farm has a capacity to produce 80 megawatts of electricity at peak, and to supply 50,000 homes per year.
EDWF provides sustainable energy for Western Australia, with electricity and renewable energy certificates purchased by Synergy Energy and Origin Energy.
- Average energy exported per year: 258,000 megawatt hours
- Greenhouse gas savings per year: 180,000 tonnes
- Number of turbines: 48
- Rated output per turbine: 1.65 megawatts
- Length of blade: 41 metres
- Hub height of turbines: 68.5 metres
Site map of Emu Downs Wind Farm
Emu Downs Wind Farm is part of APA's Western Australian Energy Precinct.