working at apa
We invest in our people. Now and for the future.
APA is one of Australia’s leading energy infrastructure business. We own and operate two-thirds of the country’s gas transmission pipelines, plus distribution networks, power stations and renewable wind and solar assets. As we continue to develop and expand our operating portfolio, we will continue to invest in our greatest asset: our people. We are committed to achieving diversity of thought across the business by providing a safe and inclusive workplace where employees thrive, both in the moment and for the future.
As a growing and dynamic business, we have the resources that enable employees at all business levels to advance their careers. We encourage our people to learn on the job, to network, and to connect with peers though:
- Talent Programs — assessment, mentoring and coaching programs supporting transition into senior roles.
- Leadership Development — activities and programs dedicated to enhancing leadership capability among our people.
- Technical Training — competency development, on-the-job training and assessments, plus secondments that encourage internal mobility and to build the competencies and skills needed to become experts in their field.
- Graduate and Interns Program — participants rotate across the business, they attend structured development and learn from industry experts.
- Apprenticeship Program — offering opportunities in metro, regional and rural areas, to employ local people in local jobs to achieve both a trade qualification and gas industry specific training.
Work-Life Balance and Flexibility
When it comes to balancing work with personal commitments, we understand one size does not fit all and are always trying to improve. APA is open to a variety of flexible working arrangements tailored to the ever-changing needs of our workforce. These include:
- Flexible Working Hours — part-time work and negotiable start and finish times.
- Flexible Work Patterns — includes job-share opportunities, and work-from-home arrangements.
- Flexible Leave Policies — employees may apply for a sabbatical/career break or can purchase additional annual leave.
- Family Friendly Leave — we provide 14 weeks paid paternal leave, and 2 weeks paid leave for secondary carers. APA is also an accredited breastfeeding friendly workplace and offers a supportive environment for working mothers.
Employees benefit from a variety of complimentary services, geared to enhance mental and physical wellbeing. These include simple perks, such as an optional flu shot for all employees, to extensive initiatives, like our support program for employees working away from home. We also have:
- Counselling Services — 24-hour access to a confidential counselling services for both work and non-work related matters available to employees and their families.
- Online Health and Fitness Programs — personalised programs that promote nutrition, better sleeping habits and physical fitness available, as well as a confidential wellness assessment.
At APA we talk about sustainability with regard to customers, employees, investors, communities and the environment. Sustainability at APA is a recognition that we have a role to play in ensuring a sustainable future for generations to come and, in turn, this is intrinsic to APA’s business success.