apa graduate program
Empowering your career
At APA, we know that career development, mentoring and networking opportunities, and being part of a company with purpose is what’s top of mind for you as a graduate.
Our graduates play a key role in shaping the future of APA and living our purpose - to strengthen communities through responsible energy - and our award-winning graduate program is all about developing you both personally and professionally to empower your early career.
APA Graduate Development Program
Our program at APA is a two-year learning and development journey, designed to help you build a rewarding career linked to your discipline and interests. We bring our graduates on as permanent employees from day one, so you’re guaranteed a role after your program ends, and your long-term career development needs are our focus.
As a graduate at APA you’ll experience:
- an active program before you start, with a graduate mentor, networking events and personalised career conversations to help tailor your graduate program
- 3 x 6 monthly rotations across core business areas within your engineering or commercial stream, and an elective rotation you can shape based on your learning/development needs or career pathway interests
- meaningful work on rotation, where you’ll be entrusted and empowered to deliver real outcomes for your projects and teams
- a buddy each rotation and business mentor for 12 months in your second year to help guide your career and development
- an experiential development program focused on your personal growth to complement your technical learning, with face-to-face workshops and social events
- on site field trips with your graduate group so you get to see our diverse range of assets up close, from solar and wind farms to an established power station
- a culture that supports you to be nimble, accountable, collaborative, impactful and courageous
- access to our Yapa community – which supports people who are new to the energy industry, new to the workforce or new to APA – and their regular social and networking events, including a Yapa buddy for when you start.
Where do our graduates work?
We look for graduates from a wide range of disciplines including engineering, IT/science or commercial/law, to work in our Engineering or Commercial graduate streams.
Our graduates work across all areas of our business, including:
- Our key engineering divisions – Operations, Infrastructure and Networks
- Electricity Transmission
- Market Services
- Strategy & Commercial
- People, Safety & Culture
- Future Energy
Like to apply? Check out our opportunities page.