apa graduate program
Empowering your career
The APA Graduate Development Program is a two-year learning journey, designed to develop our future leaders and technical specialists. As a Graduate, you will gain valuable industry experience and have the opportunity to build a rewarding career linked to your discipline and interests.
Working collaboratively is important at APA. You will complete four structured rotations within your stream, and be able to drive real outcomes and deliver impact in the teams and projects you work on. Alongside gaining valuable on-the-job experience is the chance to work with some of our most experienced and innovative people and be part of a culture that supports you to be nimble, accountable, collaborative, impactful and courageous.
Your graduate development program will be the start of your career at APA. We know growth and progression are important to you so we’ve designed a program that accelerates your learning and development and enables you to take an active role in your growth.
Over the two-year program you will experience:
- Rotations across core business areas within your nominated stream
- On-the-job training to build your technical skills
- A tailored development program focused on critical skills such as resilience, thriving in change, self-management, leadership and team work
- A buddy each rotation and mentor in your second year to help guide your career and development
- Regular performance feedback and goal setting
- Meaningful work where your contribution makes a real difference to APA’s business outcomes
- Regular social, graduate and career activities to build your networks, relationships and knowledge of career pathways at APA.
Who are we looking for?
At APA, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and seek graduates who can bring energy and passion to work to deliver exceptional service to our customers.
We want you to help us shape the future of the energy industry. We need diversity of thought and experiences in our future graduates to help us do this and tackle the new challenges that we, and our customers, face in our ever-changing world.
Our APA values – nimble, courageous, collaborative, accountable and impactful - are also important to us. We’re looking for graduates who share these values and are keen to join a rapidly transforming business environment.
We recruit for graduates into the following streams in our business:
- Infrastructure Development
- Strategy & Commercial
- People, Safety & Culture
- Transformation & Technology
To be eligible to apply for our Graduate Development program, you will need to be in your final year of study and have work rights in Australia.
Our recruitment process
We keep in touch with all of our applicants throughout the process so you’re up to date on your application’s progress.
When applying for our graduate program you’ll typically need to:
- submit an application form with your resume, a cover letter and academic transcript
- take part in an online assessment, which includes a video interview
- participate in an assessment centre
- have a final interview.