people and culture
To ensure our business is sustainable, APA strives to create a culture that is customer-focused, innovative and collaborative, with empowered and energised teams.
We continue to invest in our greatest asset: our people. We strive to provide a diverse, inclusive, stimulating and rewarding working environment for everyone at APA. Some of our highest priorities to achieve this are:
- Always providing a safe work environment.
- Supporting technical training, such as competency development and on-the-job training, which encourages internal mobility.
- Providing a positive workplace via an inclusive culture, fostering diversity of thought, and respecting the dignity and human rights of everyone.
“I come from an LNG plant processing background, so my position as a pipeline modelling engineer in APA is an entirely new ball game for me. It’s exciting to be doing pipeline designs as it allows me to see and be involved in APA’s growth.
“What I most appreciate as a young engineer in APA is the fact that I have many opportunities to make a difference and APA supports me by providing many development opportunities that will help enrich my career” — Kavitha, Pipeline Modelling Engineer
Employee Value Proposition
APA is one of Australia's leading energy infrastructure businesses. We are committed to providing our people with a safe, flexible and sustainable workplace where diversity of thought and inclusiveness is encouraged. Read more about APA's Employee Value Proposition.
Workplace Gender Equality Act Reporting
In accordance with the requirements of the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012, APA lodged its annual public report with the Workplace Gender Equality Agency for the reporting period 1 April 2020 — 31 March 2021. For more details on reporting requirements refer to www.wgea.gov.au.
- View APA’s 2020-21 WGEA Workforce Profile Report
- View APA’s 2020-21 WGEA Workforce Management Statistics
- View APA’s 2020-21 WGEA Questionnaire Report
Find out more about People and Culture, including our performance, in our annual Sustainability Report.