the energy charter
The Energy Charter is a coalition of energy organisations with a shared purpose and passion for customers. This coalition aims to empower businesses across the energy supply chain to deliver better energy outcomes for customers and the broader community.
APA is one of 20 Australian energy businesses across the industry supply chain that has committed to the Australian energy industry Energy Charter.
The Charter sets out five Principles to advance the Energy Charter vision of “together, we can create a better energy future for all Australians.” Under each Principle is a list of ‘Principles in Action’ against which members of the Charter will have to publicly report their progress on an annual basis.
The Energy Charter’s Five Principles:
- We will put customers at the centre of our business and the energy system.
- We will improve energy affordability for customers.
- We will provide energy safely, sustainably and reliably.
- We will improve the customer experience.
- We will support customers facing vulnerable circumstances.
APA and the Energy Charter
At APA we are committed to listen, respond, and take an involved and inclusive approach to working with our communities, customers, First Nations people, and our employees.
We know that the expectations of our customers and communities are evolving, and while we have made good progress in FY2022, we are determined to continually improve when it comes to our environmental, social and governance performance.
Our 2022 Energy Charter Disclosure Report details the actions, investments, partnerships and programs that have been developed and undertaken to support on the delivery of the Five Principles.
- Download and read APA’s FY2023 Disclosure report here.
- Download and read APA’s FY2022 Disclosure report here.
- Download and read APA’s FY2021 Disclosure report here.
- Download and read APA's FY2020 Disclosure report here