Dr Kris Rallah-Baker checks the sight of Moses Silver of Mulgin Community, Mataranka, at Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation. Photo by Michael Amendolia for the Fred Hollows Foundation.
Click here for an update on APA's Community Investment Program.
Building Brighter Futures
Building Brighter Futures is APA’s Community Investment Program. It connects our business and our people to the communities in which we work and live by supporting initiatives to improve the future prospects for vulnerable Australians, particularly Indigenous Australians.
At its core are our partnerships with these organisations:
- Fred Hollows Foundation : in Australia, working to improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous communities in remote locations.
- Clontarf Foundation : working to improve the education, self-esteem and employment prospects of young Aboriginal men.
Building Brighter Futures also supports a number of causes close to the hearts of APA people through our annual employee community event calendar, by capped matching of funds raised by APA employees. Supported events/organisations are:
- Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea : helping to fund Cancer Council’s vital research, prevention and support service programs.
- Pink Ribbon : helping to fund Cancer Council’s vital research, prevention and support service programs addressing breast and gynaecological cancers.
- Movember : helping the Movember Foundation to fund breakthrough solutions to improve the lives of men dealing with prostate cancer, testicular cancer, poor mental health and physical inactivity.
- Black Dog Institute : helping to improve the lives of people affected by depression and mood disorders through research, clinical expertise and national education programs.