Sustainability at APA is about enhancing our stakeholder prosperity as we strive to be Australia's number one energy infrastructure business. Our success will be founded upon the strengthening of our asset footprint and the benefits delivered to all stakeholders (customers, employees, the environment, community and investors).
In 2010 APA released its first Sustainability Report as part of the 2010 Annual Review to communicate to our stakeholders APA's long term objectives as well as key business initiatives in place to maintain our success.
2010 Sustainability Report (pdf)
2010 Interactive Annual Report (including the Sustainability Report)
APA continues to release a Sustainability Report each year to maintain the disclosure of APA long term sustainability objectives as well as to update stakeholders on the progress and impact of our business initiatives during the financial year.
2011 Sustainability Report
2012 Interactive Annual report ( including the Sustainability Report)
2012 Sustainability Report
Our key stakeholder objectives are:
We will deliver value to our customers and create responsive solutions to their needs by:
1. Providing our customers a market-leading service, including responding to critical events when our customers are negatively impacted.
2.Delivering value to customers by utilising the capacity of APA's assets.
3. Working with customers to provide optimal investment and energy market solutions to maintain a pipeline of growth projects.
We will provide a safe, stimulating and rewarding workplace where our employees can learn and grow by:
1. Committing to a long-term LTI1 target of ‘Zero Harm’ by continually improving safety in the workplace.
2. Providing employees with a stimulating and rewarding environment such that they would recommend APA as a great place to work. 3. Providing learning and development programs to attract, retain and develop employees.
We will continue to deliver an environmentally responsible, safe and essential service by:
1. Contributing to policy and responding to climate change initiatives to promote the use of gas as essential to a cleaner energy mix.
2. Including the environment in all investment and procurement decision making, complying with our emissions reporting obligations, and conserving and rehabilitating the natural state of the land we disturb.
3. Evaluating complementary clean energy projects.
We will positively engage the communities within which we operate by:
1. Building long-term strategic community relationships to maintain community support and goodwill for APA ’s activities.
2. Increasing employee connection with local communities through sponsorships, employee volunteering and giving programs targeting our vulnerable communities.
We will continue to be a reliable and attractive investment which delivers superior returns for securityholders by:
1. Achieving reliable and sustainable earnings growth by focusing on long-term revenue and costs.
2. Maintaining a strong and robust balance sheet.
3. Identifying and evaluating additional attractive infrastructure-style investments in related energy businesses.
[1 Lost Time Injury rate is measured as the number of lost time claims per million hours worked]